Visited in: October / 2017
- Published on: 2018-09-28 by: Lily
Excellent place 100%
Local cuisine 90%
Fun and relaxation 90%
4 Photos in Gallery (click on the images above)
Sintra is a gorgeous city, to visit it fully requires at least two days. We got to Sintra by bus 403 from Cascais which left us next to the train station. Here at the train station you can rent electric bikes, tuk-tuk, car, electric car or take the taxi or bus, as the objectives to be visited in Sintra are located at great distances from one to another plus the fact that Sintra is situated on the hills
If you want to take the tourist bus with the following routes (you will also get a map with their routes):
· 435 bus for Sintra National Palace, Quinta da Regaleira, Seteais palace, Monserrate Palace - the price is 2.5 euro per person, and the buses depart each 20 minutes.
· Bus 434 for Sintra National Palace, Pena Palace and Mauri Castle - the price is 3.90 for a single stage and for the whole circuit the cost is 6.30 euros and the buses leave in one hour at 5min / 20min / 35min / 50min for each hour.
The main objectives to visit in Sintra:
· Sintra National Palace entry price 8.5 euro, 10% discount with Lisbon card, time 9.30-18
· National Palace Pena and Park entry price € 14.00 - adult 18-64; € 12.50 - under18's ; € 12.50 - senior> 65; € 49 – Family, the time for the Park is from 9h30 to 20h00 in the high season, the last tickets can be taken at 19h. The Pena National Palace schedule in the high season is 9h45 to 19h, the last tickets (last ticket) 18h15
· Only Pena Park the entry price is € 7.5 - adult 18-64; € 6.5 - under18's; € 6.5 - senior> 65; € 26 -Family.
· Pena’s palace terraces plus the park price is € 10.5-adult 18-64; € 9-under18's; € 9-senior> 65; € 36- Family, the schedule is from 9h45 to 19h30, last ticket 18h45
· Castelo dos Mouros entry price is € 8.00- adult; € 6.50- child; € 6.50- senior . The Castelo dos Mouros is open between 9: 30-20: 00 in summer season and in winter season 10: 00-18: 00. Castelo dos Mouros is about 200 meters from Pena Palace, easy to walk between.
· The Quinta da Regaleira plus the gardens, entry price € 6.00 / adult, € 4.00 / child € 4.00 / senior, € 18.00 /family. The Quinta da Regaleira is open between 9h30 - 20h00 in summer season and in winter season between 9h30 - 18h00.
· Monserrate Palace entrance fee € 8.00/adult, € 6.50/child, € 6.50/senior, the schedule is 9.30-10.00 and 17.00-19.00 (for the palace) and 18.00-20.00 (for the park), depending on the season.
Price and timely updates visit:
Do not miss the historic center I Sintra with small streets and very beautiful places where you can enjoy the travesseiros cakes as well as buy souvenirs. And no matter if you go in summer do not forget to take a thicker coat with you.